Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bad day at AP

When we started Dee Tee Stable one of our hopes was to allow people to experience the "experiences" of owning a racehorse and all that it entails. Unfortunately today was one of those experiences that you wish you didn't have to experience. As I'm sure you know by now Kickin N Screamin was very fractious in the saddling area and wound up rearing up, slipping and falling onto her side. Though she wasn't seriously injured, just some scrapes and bruises, the track vet scratched her which was absolutely the correct call. She has had her issues in the paddock before and today was most likely simply bad luck on our part. She schooled yesterday in the paddock and did fine but apparently she is smart enough to know the difference between practice and the real thing. TC and our vet went over her and didn't find anything serious. She will have a couple of easy days before she goes back into serious training. If she looks okay after a few days, we will start looking for a substitute race for her. I feel terrible for the people that traveled for the race and I admit I was so disappointed I didn't even stay to watch the race. But the good thing is that she doesn't appear to be injured and will live to fight another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A bad day at the track is still a lot better than a good day at work.

It was a beautiful day and I had a blast on my first visit to AP. Enjoyed seeing everyone again and of course it's always great to meet some DT'ers that I haven't met before.

steve popyak