Thursday, July 12, 2007

Update on Sumwon

Sumwonloves you returned in the middle of the night following her second place finish Wednesday. She was understandably tired from the effort and shipping but looks no worse for wear otherwise. I thought that she ran well and tried very hard. That she is able to relax enough to let horses pass her on the inside and rate is something that we have been working on for a long time, and will make her a more effective horse. I was pleased with the way she handled the ship and also the polytrack at Arlington. Though it is frustrating getting so close (believe me I have a lot of recent experience) and not winning, I appreciate how far she has come and how hard she tries.

It was great to meet more of the partners and other DT members at AP. One of the enjoyable aspects from my point of view is meeting new friends from diverse backgrounds and helping people experience the joy of owning horses. The Chicago crew is great and both Steve and I had a blast up there. I'm sure it wont be our last trip there!

That being said, it is time to win a race and what better venue than Saratoga on Sunday August 5th. There is a 1 1/8th race NW1x optional $75k claimer that day unless Steve insists on the Test (only kidding unless it is a 3 horse field!). The timing is good and I believe that a slow paced mile and an eighth may be perfect. The trouble is that sometimes those races don't fill that great and being on a weekend they may not let it go with a short field. There are also a few grass races that we may enter in MTO. It has been known to rain in Saratoga on occasion.

No comments: