Friday, June 8, 2007

Sumwon to work on Sat. (maybe)

Sumwonloves you is scheduled to work tomorrow morning after the harrowing break at 8:30 depending on how much rain we get overnight. If not tomorrow then we will go on Sunday. I am planning on working her an easy 1/2 mile hopefully around 49 to 50. I gave her a few extra days off to recover from her last race and though I will usually breeze around 10 days following a race, she needed a few more days. We have had a couple of feelers on her but no one has come up with a firm offer to our liking so we will just proceed as normal. The Monmouth race is still a possibility but I would think the race in Iowa may be a bit too steep for us right now. I will try to formulate a definite plan later next week as we see how things shape up.

6 comments:

Dear Frank Stronach said...

Thanks for the update, Chuck.

I really appreciate you taking the time to keep us up to date with what's going on!!!

Tom (phystech)

Anonymous said...

Chuck,

Funny thing.. I was just telling someone today that if Sumwon goes in the Iowa Oaks and WINS or gets place, I will shave my head. Be just like my hero ;-) I don't look at condition books. ...Still hoping something comes up at her home track to save the expense of shipping. I mean $60k so far away isn't better than $50k at home is it? Unless you are planning on making the trip to NY from there..

Thanks

Ae

Unknown said...

No problem Tom.

AE, the purse is not as important as the blacktype would be. Of course every penny extra that we can make is great but a bit of blacktype would "lock in" her value. I dont want to pass up a stake race that may come up a little light, but it is a long way to ship and we have to be at the top of our game.
CS

Anonymous said...

HEY CHUCK, HOW BOUT SHOOTIN UP HERE TO ARLINGTON. IF NOT HOPE TO COME BACK TO KY TO SEE SUMWON AGAIN. JOE FROM ILLINOIS

Anonymous said...

I don't disagree with anything you said. I was being selfish.

Ae

Anonymous said...

Sunwonlovesyou

Date: June 9, 2007
Track: CHURCHILL DOWNS
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 49:60 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
Rank: 30/52

Steve Popyak