Thursday, March 29, 2007

Back in KY

Sumwonlovesyou arrived back in Kentucky Tuesday morning after the 12 hour drive from the Fair Grounds. She shipped well and went out for a two mile jog this morning. I am going to try to work her this weekend as long as the track conditions are good. We are supposed to get some rain but who knows? As of now we are still on track for the 11th at Keeneland. I know that there are many people who want to get over to see her and please dont hesitate to contact me or just show up if you like. She generally trains later in the morning so if you want to see her on the track take that into consideration. Afternoon visits are ok too though I like to leave the barn quiet for a couple hours between 11 and 2 if possible. We generally take care of the horses (feed, walk, graze,etc.) between 3 and 5 in the afternoon so that may be a good time for those not inclined to wake up early. I am still working on getting us a jockey for the 11th. The agents for the top jockeys are understandably a bit leery of riding a horse that broke it maiden for a claiming tag in a Keeneland allowance. But I feel pretty confident that I will be able to get us someone who will fit her style and try hard.

No comments: